Sunday, October 21, 2012

WARNING!!! Just a word before I get started

My wife has this goofy obsession with "mommy bloggers." An obsession that I don't fully understand. She talks about these people, especially the ones with Youtube channels as if they are close personal friends. Of coarse I do the same thing with urban development bloggers. Whatever...

I started my urban development blog earlier this year, and since then, she has been pressuring me to start a "daddy blog." It made sense. I mean, I like to write about incredibly random things for no apparent reason. I finally decided, she's right. Even if the only people who end up reading this are the same seven friends from Facebook who read the Fantastic Adventures of Oklahoma City, that's fine. At least I will have fun writing.

NOW THEN... a few things that I will explain before I get started.

First off... I really should have started this over a year ago. Unfortunately I did not, so rather than being some sort of journey into parenthood, this blog is likely going to be similar to watching a movie or TV show that starts in the middle of the story and recants the journey to the present in flashback, ala NBC's Revolution. What that means is, I'm not just going to start from the beginning. This is not a memoir. I'm going to start from right now, and if I think of something that happened a year or so ago that I feel the need to extrapolate upon, I will do so. Expect stories such as the birth of my son, the trip to Ft. Smith, the "The Great Landlord Crisis of 2012," etc. to be told at some point.

Secondly... As the title suggests, I am a father with three jobs. As such, blogs will likely be irregular. I may be off the grid for weeks at a time, or I may post every other day. The best thing to do if you would like to follow these blogs is to like me on Facebook. If you are a personal friend, you will likely already be a Facebook friend. If you are not a personal friend, I have a separate Facebook set up for ALL FOUR of my blogs. Click the link HERE to go to that page. This will be the best way to keep up with the random nature of my blogs.

Thirdly... Speaking of random. I am that. Very, very random. I regularly attempt to be entertaining, and in doing so I may go off on some incoherent babbling session. As I say, I do this in the futile attempt at being entertaining. Typically, I fail. Meh... whatever. I enjoy it.

Finally... A word of warning. I have a pretty foul mouth. Ask my mother. It is true. And while, for the most part, I attempt to keep my language in check, I cannot assure you that there will be no instance where certain words may be used for their dramatic effect. Deal with it... I'm not trying to be a dick (ah, see there it is!), but for the love of GOD!!! If you are reading this, I'm going to assume you are an adult. I'm going to assume you are fully capable of going into an R-rated movie with out supervision of a parent or guardian. I'm sure you can take it. If you can't, get the fuck over yourself...

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment